Wednesday, May 26, 2010

To Insanity and Back!

Well, what can I say about the Insanity program other than the obvious...it's Insane! I started it on a whim, almost as job research since I've heard so many clients are trying both P90X and Insanity. I was curious...wondering how a fitness instructor would view the program. I am currently in Week 5. The first 4 weeks were intense, the first workout nearly killed me (and I feel like I'm a pretty well conditioned person) and the results have been very good. Let me quickly detail my thoughts:

  • I feel the program is "safe" IF you are already in good shape (i.e. can run 3 miles, regularly take cardio classes such as spinning, kickboxing, step and are free of knee and back injuries).
  • Shaun T. talks about form constantly...his cueing is excellent and his own technique is flawless. I was VERY impressed with his core cues, safety cues and demonstrations of exercises. This program is seriously NO joke but he does a great job as an instructor making sure you stay as safe as possible.
  • You absolutely have to follow the diet plan in order to see the huge results, diet is the most important part of fat loss and you will get muscles but you'll only see them if you are lean!
  • Just when it starts to get manageable, the intensity increases and you have to move into the max intervals. I will have to let you know, but I've viewed them and they look completely outrageously ass-kicking!
I did not do a "before" picture but I have one from two weeks and will do one after this week. I hate posting those types of pics but for my own reference I'd like to see the progress. I'll also post my "Fit Test" results once I do the third test as well as measurements. Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment